Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership – A three level Business Leaders Development Programme
Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership is a series of training programmes that have been developed by Heart in Business to help people to open their hearts, to step into their Authentic Leadership and develop their potential as leaders.
And to step out of the madness that is the current short term profit focussed culture – leaders with open hearts do not trash the planet or treat people like dispensable objects!
There are three levels to this series and each programme we run is unique, as it is tailor made for the participants within a core structure we have developed.
Since Heart in Business was created in 2014, we have built on Eudora Pascall’s work with leaders, experimenting and developing our approach in our laboratory – which is Thornton’s Budgens, the North London supermarket owned by founder Andrew Thornton. Our goal – to take a more heartful approach to supporting individuals in developing their own purpose and skills in their working and personal lives. This programme is a practical guide to living a more fulfilled and authentic life, both at work and at home.
The three levels are:
- Level 1: Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership – Introduction.
- Level 2: Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership – Deepening.
- Level 3: Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership – Coaching.
In today’s challenging environment, there never has been a time where Authentic Leadership is more needed in our working lives, our relationships, our home lives and our inner lives. Our Authentic Leadership Programmes have helped natural leaders deliver this approach and are run for business leaders. One of the earliest adopters of this approach has been Paul Hargreaves, CEO of Cotswold Fayre. His whole leadership team and many of their teams have taken part in various levels on our Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership Programme and this approach is now being rolled out across the organisation. As he said:
‘As an experienced leader, I can thoroughly recommend Stepping Into Your Authentic Leadership for those wanting to develop their leadership teams. Gone are the days when it was acceptable for complete separation between their personal and work life. These days it is only authentic, real leaders that will be followed by people who want to see real change happening in the world and this course will help you and your team become those that will be followed.’
Paul Hargreaves, CEO, Cotswold Fayre
This programme will be mostly run online, with selected face to face modules as appropriate.
Level 1: Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership – Introduction
Level 1 is the introduction to this body of work and is the equivalent of 2 days of training, run for 2.5 hours a week over a 6-week period. This event was formally known as the Authentic Leadership Forum and one of the participants Martin (the HR Director of a large Food Wholesaler) shared what he got out of it – he said he gained:
• A greater understanding of his own skills and talents, and how others see them.
• More confidence in his own decision making ability, allowing him to be more confident in the face of challenges.
• Increased sensitivity towards others and the ability to be more vulnerable.
• An ability to truly listen to others.
• Tools that that he can use in his everyday working and personal lives, and ones he can teach others to use.
• Time to reflect on his direction and his priorities.
The Level 1 Programme is the first step in a deep enquiry into what being an Authentic Leader means for you. You will learn how to create a more fulfilling life for yourself, which will also empower you to be your best self for your organisation.
Level 1 is for you if:
• You see there is more to business life than maximising short term profits.
• You get the importance of businesses and individuals having a meaningful purpose, and recognise this is the route to a more successful personal and professional life.
• You want to leave a positive legacy in your professional life for colleagues, clients, community, suppliers and shareholders.
• You want to safeguard the welfare of our planet for all future generations.
• You want to secure the future of your organisation and be profitable in every way including financially.
• You understand that if you want to achieve all of the above, you will need to access more of your emotions, moving towards more heart-based decision making.
Richard Thomas, Group People & Organisational Development Director, UK, said…
‘What was best about the forum was to work with like-minded people, to learn from others and to help others to learn, to reflect and to use the models. After the forum, I’m consciously making more time for reflection and trying to be kinder to myself and to others. This was the first time that I’ve experienced a workshop where I believe that the event has truly tried to honour the commitments made.’
Taking part in this programme, you will get:
• Quality time and space with a small group of like-minded leaders to reflect on what Authentic Leadership looks like for you and how you can deliver it
• Time to reflect on where you put your time and energy, and how you can be more effective in all aspects of your life
• New tools and practical tips to inspire a more authentic approach within your teams and organisation
In addition to the weekly facilitated sessions, each participant will have 2 one hour coaching sessions over the duration of the programme.
Level 2: Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership – Deepening
This level is a four month programme for individuals wanting to live from a place of leadership. Through a series of workshops, we go through a deep process of self-reflection, discovering our life-purpose and how we can become more authentic as leaders.
What will you get out of taking part in this process?
• Clarity in identifying your life-goals.
• Increased confidence in your skills and where to focus your energy.
• Listening and communication skills.
• Time to reflect on different ways of working.
• Practical tools that can be used to develop better understanding of yourself and others.
This will help you to:
• To access more of your human potential.
• To be clearer on your mission / purpose in life and professionally.
• To be more effective in delivering that mission / purpose.
• To discover what is blocking you from achieving your full potential and delivering your mission / purpose.
• To feel more fulfilled in all aspects of your life.
• To discover more of your natural skills and want you love doing.
How is the programme structured?
It will be run over four months and contain the equivalent of six full days of online workshopsrun weekly for 2.5 hours per week, three individual coaching sessions and online support during the programme. To participate in this, you will have to have completed Level 1.
Level 3: Stepping into Your Authentic Leadership – Coaching
Our Level 3 programme helps you take everything you have learnt in Level 2 about you and your leadership, and teaches you how to coach and facilitate others through personal transformations and to apply this by being a coaching leader in all aspects of your life – be that as a business leader, a work colleague, a spouse, a parent or a friend . It is a series of on-line and face to face workshops over 6 months where you will learn how to be a facilitator, coach and workshop leader and apply the coaching leadership approach in all aspects your life – you do not have to be a coach or facilitator to benefit from this programme.
To participate in this programme, you will need to have completed our Level 2 Stepping Into Your Authentic Leadership Programme and have the desire and skills to help people, by wanting to grow yourself.
What will I learn?
On this programme, you will learn how to implement a coaching culture in your life, your work and your relationships and be taught on the use of a wide range of tools that Heart in Business have developed to become a coaching leader – the skills you will learn will cover group facilitation and one on one coaching, the ability to be a coaching leader in your business/life and the application of our tools in all aspects of your life.
This Level will build on all the skills you have learnt on Level 2, deepening those skills and teaching you the ability to help others do this.
The Programme will culminate in you running a one-day Authentic Leadership workshop for your own participants.
How is the programme structured?
This programme will be run over six months and contain the equivalent of twelve full days of workshop material, six individual coaching sessions and online support during the programme. To participate in this, you will have to have completed Level 1 and Level 2.
‘I personally found the forum extremely helpful as a compass for living and working – especially the focus on gifts, talent and aspiration and bringing my full self to work – it helped me look at any real or imagined obstructions to my perfect path forward‘
Simon Chinnery, Head of DC Client Solutions, Legal and General
‘The Stepping into your Authentic Leadership (Deepening) Programme is an opportunity I would recommend to anyone looking to improve their leadership, learn more about themselves and have a deeper understanding of others.
The course allows you space to see situations from a different perspective and have a deeper understanding of attitudes and behaviours, of both yourself and others.
A welcomed breath of fresh air and a unique profound experience.’
Ashton Marriott, Marketing Manager, Cotswold Fayre Ltd
‘Time away from business to reflect and think without the pressures of getting stuff done by a particular time meant I felt inspired and at my creative best, something that I have been missing in recent times.’
Dave Turnbull, Founder, Quantic
‘Having worked with Eudora for several years I cannot recommend her approach and practices more highly. Challenging and incisive, I find myself compassionately questioned and held to account in all our sessions, in a safe environment which is focused on my needs and growth. I have discovered myself and who I am; as a leader, a father, a husband and a son.
The overriding spirit of Eudora’s work is compassion, always placing my best interests at the heart even when I find myself unable to discern the direction of travel.
If you sense that there is something in your life that needs addressing, I can honestly say there is no better guide and companion on your journey towards personal growth than Eudora.’
Matthew Raynor, CEO, Raynor Foods
For more information
If you would like to have a conversation about this programme, email firstname.lastname@example.org